A virtually pain-free laser hair removal machine eliminates hair re-growth while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. As we say in our facility “Hair today, gone tomorrow”.
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective solution to everyday
shaving, waxing, bleaching and plucking.
Laser hair removal is quickly growing in popularity, offering a fast and effective way to achieve permanent hair reduction. It can be life-changing for some, a boost of confidence for others, and an excellent option for those who are prone to painful ingrown hairs or those who suffer from PCOS (used as a form of hair growth management.)
At South Shore Laser, we are proud to offer effective, long lasting, pain-free laser hair removal with our Alma Soprano Ice. We put your safety, comfort, and satisfaction first, using only the latest FDA approved technology. Treatment packages are designed to meet your specific needs, taking into consideration your individual skin type and hair type. Silky smooth skin has never been so easy…and affordable!
What to do Before and After a Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area for 2 weeks before and 1 week after your appointment (this includes self-tanners)
- Shave the area(s)to be treated the day before your appointment
- Remember to inform your technician if you are taking antibiotics or other medications that may cause photosensitivity.
- After your treatment, you should avoid sun exposure and apply an SPF 30+ (with zinc) to the treatment area for 2 weeks. Any skin directly exposed to sunlight after treatment can be more sensitive and may be more likely to burn or hyperpigment.
- In between laser hair removal sessions, you may shave – but avoid plucking, waxing, tweezing, bleaching or depilatory treatments.
What Can You Expect
The length of your laser hair removal session can be as quick as a few minutes or last up to an hour or more, depending upon the size of the area (s) being treated. You can resume all normal activities after treatment, being careful to protect any treatment areas that are exposed to the sun. Avoid saunas, hot tubs and very hot showers for 3 days. Because the laser can only target follicles that are in the active phase of growth (anagen phase), more than one treatment is typically necessary to destroy a majority of the hair follicles in a given treatment area. The number of treatments will vary from person to person depending upon your skin type, hair color and the coarseness of the hair being removed. Appointments will be scheduled 5-8 weeks apart. For best results, it is important to keep your appointments within this protocol.
The appearance of the treated area immediately after your laser session will vary from person to person depending upon the area treated, skin type and sensitivity. Immediate after-effects may include transient redness and mild swelling which will disappear in a short time. Most people return to normal activity right away. We will be happy to tell you more about Laser Hair Removal treatments and what you can expect when doing treatments during your free consultation.